Boiled Brown Rice
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Wash the rice very properly in a strainer under cold running water.
2) As per the prescribed proportions, lace cold water in a pan and put the rice. Bring to a boil. The proportions can be multiplied based on requirement.
3) Reduce the heat and cook over low flame gently. At all times, keep a lid on the pan. Do not stir the rice.
4) The pan should be dry after nearly 45 minutes of cooking, or the rice will just start to catch the bottom. This means that the rice is done.
5) Allow rice to stand for some time and sprinkle with sea salt.
6) Serve hot.