|Rice flour/Ground rice / semolina||2 Ounce|
|Nuts/Wheat germ||1 Tablespoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Use as needed, for deep frying)|
1. In a saucepan, cook rice or semolina in milk.
2. Add mashed potato, onion and seasoning and mix well; the mixture should be stiff.
3. In a plate, spread the mixture and let cool down and then cut into slices.
4. In a frying pan, heat oil for deep frying.
5. Brush the slices with milk and dredge with nuts or wheat germ.
6. Deep fry in hot oil for 3-4 minutes per side until browned.
7. Serve hot savory slices with cheese sauce or mint chutney.
Calories 266 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.4%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6 mg2%
Sodium 141 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.4%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 20.4%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet