Vegetable Rice Patties
|Vegetable soup mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope, Lipton)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ricotta cheese/Creamed cottage cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed For Frying)|
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine soup mix with rice, eggs, cheeses and pepper.
2. Use a wooden spoon or your hand to mix well.
3. Divide the mixture using a ¼ cup measure.
4. Lightly grease your hands with oil and shape each portion into a 3 inch round patty.
5. Crumb the patties by coating with bread crumbs on both sides.
6. Arrange the crumbed patties on a platter and keep aside until you are ready to fry them.
7. In a large skillet or frying pan, pour oil, ½ inch from the bottom.
8. Heat the oil on a medium high flame.
9. When the oil is hot but not smoking, reduce the flame to medium.
10. Carefully slide the crumbed patties into the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
11. Using a slotted spoon, carefully turn the patties and fry on the other side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
12. Remove the patties onto a platter lined with paper towels and drain until oil is absorbed.
13. Arrange patties on a platter or on individual plates
14. Serve with sauces and mustards of your choice.
15. You can also sandwich the patties between burger breads, muffins or foccacia bread along with veggies and pickles of your choice.
Calories 816 Calories from Fat 617
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.4%
Saturated Fat 14.2 g71.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141 mg47%
Sodium 272.7 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.78 g3.1%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 15 g30.9%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 0.42%
Calcium 22.4% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet