Delta Beef And Rice
|Lean ground beef||2 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced green onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||1 Large, minced|
|Tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato puree||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Beef consomme||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Snipped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Dried basil||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seasoned salt||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Take a 12 inch skillet, put ground beef in it and cook until brown.
3. Once done, take the meat out and keep aside.
4. Put oil in the same skillet, heat it and stir in celery, green onion, green pepper and garlic till soft.
5. Put tomato puree, tomato sauce, beef consommé, parsley, oregano, basil, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and pepper.
6. Stir in beef and rice in the skillet.
7. Take a 13x9x2 inch baking dish and put the mixture made in the skillet in it.
8. Add grated cheese on the top (optional) and bake for 30 minutes by covering.
9. Serve warm in a dish.
Calories 386 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.5%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.1 mg26.7%
Sodium 250 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.8%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 30 g60.3%
Vitamin A 30.4% Vitamin C 43.4%
Calcium 20.2% Iron 32%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet