Wild Rice Pilaf
|Wild rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Finely chopped green pepper||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms/1 can, 4 ounce, chopped mushrooms, drained||8 Ounce (3 Cups)|
|Chopped pimiento||2 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Rinse wild rice using cold water twice or thrice.
3. Take a 2-quart saucepan, mix water and salt and boil it.
4. Add rice and reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes.
5. Drain thoroughly.
6. Take a 12-inch skillet and on medium heat, melt butter.
7. Add green pepper and onion and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn tender.
8. Mix pimiento, thyme and mushroom and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes or till vegetables become soft.
9. Take off from heat, add raisins and rice and toss thoroughly.
10. Add pepper and salt to taste.
11. Take a 2-quart round casserole. And add the rice mixture to it.
12. Bake, covered, for 1 hour.
13. Serve hot.