|Dressed fryer||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut into pieces|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Raw rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green peppers||2 , thinly sliced|
|Finely chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Mushrooms in juice||3 Ounce, sliced (1 Can)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Condensed tomato soup||21 Ounce (2 Cans, About 10 1/2 Ounces Each)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Coat the chicken pieces with seasoned flour.
2. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, melt the butter in oil over a medium flame.
3. Add the chicken pieces and brown evenly.
4. Remove on to a platter and keep aside.
5. To the juices in the skillet, add the rice, peppers, celery, onions and garlic, bayleaf and thyme.
6. Sauté rice and vegetables for 15 minutes until the onions are soft and lightly browned.
7. Return the browned chicken and tip in mushrooms, wine, soup, water and Tabasco and give a good stir to blend flavors.
8. Cover the skillet with a lid and braise rice for 25 minutes until tender, stirring once or twice and adding more water if needed.
9. Dish out into a tureen or casserole.
10. Serve hot.