Lamb Chops With Spiced Rice
|Basmati rice||200 Gram|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Pine nuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried apricots||8 , chopped|
|Chopped parsley/Coriander||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Large Handful)|
1. In a saucepan or a stock pot, cover rice with twice the amount of water and add the stock cube.
2. Bring to the boil then reduce the flame.
3. Simmer for 12 minutes until the rice is just cooked.
4. Drain well.
5. Heat the grill
6. Season the chops and place in a roasting pan.
7. Drizzle with a little oil.
8. Grill for 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
9. In a skillet, heat the oil
10. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes until soft and lightly browned
11. Add the garlic and pine nuts and sauté for a few minutes till the nuts are lightly toasted
12. Tip in the spices, the dried apricots and the cooked basmati rice.
13. Mix well and heat through.
14. Sprinkle chopped parsley or coriander and lightly mix
15. Make a bed on rice on each serving plate.
16. Arrange a grilled chop on top.