Elegant Cornish Hens
|Long grain and wild rice mix||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
|Cornish hens||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Poultry seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
1) Preheat oven at 325°.
2) Follow the instructions on package for cooking the rice nicely. Add bouillon cube with rice and season evenly.
3) Cut out the giblets from hens and store separately for some other purpose.
4) Rinse the hens under cold, running water and pat dry with paper towels.
5) In a swallow skillet, add onion and celery to sauté in butter.
6) Next add mushrooms and cook for couple of minutes more.
7) In a bowl, add rice, vegetables, lemon rind and poultry seasoning to combine properly.
8) Use the rice mixture to stuff the hens.
9) Secure the cavities with toothpicks.
10) , stirring well.
Stuff hens lightly with the rice mixture.
Close cavities, and secure with toothpicks and bind for additional safety.
11) In a small bowl, prepare the soy sauce mixture by combining the next 6 ingredients.
12) Use the soy sauce mixture to baste the hens.
13) Use a 13- x 9-x 2-inch baking pan to place the hens by keeping the breast side up.
14) Place inside oven and bake for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, depending on the size of hens. You will need to baste the hens quite often with the soy sauce mixture.
15) Before serving add lemon slices and parsley, to garnish.