Chicken Wild Rice Casserole
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Long grain and wild rice||12 Ounce (2 Package)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Slivered almonds||2 Teaspoon|
1)Wash and drain the mushrooms
2) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
3) In a deep bottomed kettle add the chickens and then, the water, salt, curry powder, sherry, celery and onion.
4) Boil the ingredients and then, simmer it covered for an hour.
5) Turn off the heat, bring out the chicken pieces and set the broth aside.
6) Cool the chicken pieces and then, remove and discard their bones and skins.
7) Cut the boneless chicken into small pieces
8) In a saucepan, saute the mushrooms in butter till they turn golden brown and keep aside enough mushrooms for garnishing the casserole.
9) Cook the rice until firm in the water mixed with some broth, as per the instructions on the package directions.
10) Cook the chicken pieces and mushrooms together.
11) In a 4-quart casserole, place the chicken and mushrooms.
12) Mix soup and sour cream together and stir it in the chicken mixture.
13) Arrange the rest of the mushrooms in a circle over the mixture and bake it in an oven at 350 degrees for an hour.
14) Serve garnished with toasted slivered almonds.
If desired, refrigerate the chicken mixture before baking.