Chicken Livers With Cooked Rice
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Chicken livers||1 Pound|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Hot cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Strain off the liquid from mushrooms. Save the liquid in a cup. Add water to make the liquid to ¾ cup. Place the bowl aside.
2) In a saucepan, add butter to melt down.
3) Add chicken livers and green pepper to sauté over medium heat until the livers turn brown.
4) Add mushrooms and pour in the reserved liquid and catsup.
5) Increase heat to high and bring the liquid to a boil.
6) Reduce heat to low, cover with a lid and allow simmering for another 10 minutes with frequent stirring.
7) In a serving bowl, place rice and ladle the soup over it.