|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen peas and carrots||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Instant chicken bouillon granules||2 Teaspoon|
1. In a medium microwavable casserole dish, mix butter and onion.
2. Place dish in microwave and cook at HIGH for 4 minutes till onion is soft.
3. Stir remaining ingredients into the butter.
4. Cover casserole with its lid or with plastic wrap.
5. Return to the microwave for 5 minutes, stirring once.
6. Reduce the microwave power to 7.
7. Continue cooking rice for 17 to 19 minutes stirring once, until rice is tender.
8. Keep the casserole covered and allow rice to stand in the steam for 5 minutes.
9. Puff up the rice using a fork
10. Serve hot with a curry.