Tasty Curried Rice
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a medium microwavable casserole dish, mix butter, onion and pepper.
2. Place dish in microwave and cook at HIGH for 2 minutes till onion is soft.
3. Stir remaining ingredients into the butter.
4. Cover casserole with its lid or with plastic wrap.
5. Return to the microwave for 5 minutes, stirring once.
6. Reduce the microwave power to 7.
7. Continue cooking rice for 9 to 11 minutes stirring once, until rice is tender.
8. Keep the casserole covered and allow rice to stand in the steam for 5 minutes.
9. Puff up the rice using a fork
10. Serve hot with a curry and cool yogurt salad.