Nice N Spicy Savory Rice
|Basmati rice||8 Ounce (200 Grams)|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), sliced|
|Fresh root ginger||2 1⁄2 Inch, peeled and chopped (1 Thumb Piece)|
|Cardamom pods||2 , cracked|
|Medium curry powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen peas||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Frozen sweetcorn||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Flaked almonds||2 Ounce (50 Grams)|
|Vegetable stock||13 Fluid Ounce (375 Milliliter)|
1. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Rinse and soak the basmati rice for 10 mins.
2. Heat a large, flameproof casserole. Add the oil, then the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook on a low heat until the onion is soft.
3. Add the cloves, cinnamon and cardamom pods and cook for a further 2 mins on a low heat. Add the curry powder and cook for a further 2 mins, then stir.
4. Drain the rice and add it to the casserole. Stir so that the rice is coated in the oil and spices. Add the peas, sweetcorn and half the flaked almonds, if using. Pour over the stock and stir.
5. Cover the casserole with a lid or with a sheet of foil, then cook in the oven for 15-20 mins. Remove from the oven, scatter with the remaining almonds, if using, and serve.