Aval Vilayichathu Puffed Rice In Jaggery
|Melted ghee||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut slivers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roasted gram||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jaggery||1 1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Coconuts||4 , finely grated|
|Beaten rice||1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Cardamom powder||2 Teaspoon|
1. Heat ghee in a pan. Lightly fry coconut slivers, sesame seeds and roasted gram. Set aside.
2. Dissolve jaggery in 3 cups water. Heat over low flame to make 6 cups syrup. Strain.
3. Bring this syrup to boil in a heavy vessel. Add grated coconut and cook over a low flame, stirring constantly till one-thread consistency is reached.
4. Remove from fire. Cool slightly and add the beaten rice. Mix well. Add the fried ingredients along with cardamom powder.
5. Mix and cool. Store in a dry container.