Aval Vilayichathu Puffed Rice In Jaggery
|Melted ghee||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut slivers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roasted gram||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jaggery||1 1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Coconuts||4 , finely grated|
|Beaten rice||1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Cardamom powder||2 Teaspoon|
1. Heat ghee in a pan. Lightly fry coconut slivers, sesame seeds and roasted gram. Set aside.
2. Dissolve jaggery in 3 cups water. Heat over low flame to make 6 cups syrup. Strain.
3. Bring this syrup to boil in a heavy vessel. Add grated coconut and cook over a low flame, stirring constantly till one-thread consistency is reached.
4. Remove from fire. Cool slightly and add the beaten rice. Mix well. Add the fried ingredients along with cardamom powder.
5. Mix and cool. Store in a dry container.
Calories 2467 Calories from Fat 913
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 108 g166.4%
Saturated Fat 87 g434.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.8 mg7.3%
Sodium 253.7 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 384 g128%
Dietary Fiber 29.4 g117.6%
Sugars 240.3 g
Protein 23 g46%
Vitamin A 0.02% Vitamin C 15.6%
Calcium 37.6% Iron 68.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet