Buffet Rice Ring
|Regular long grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Carrots||8 Ounce, peeled, finely chopped (3 Medium)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Teaspoon (1 Teaspoon Plus 3 Tablespoons)|
|Red pepper||1 , finely chopped|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, butter 10- or 12-cup ring mold. In 2-quart saucepan, heat 6 cups water to boiling over high heat. Add carrots and salt; cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain well.
3. In small skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Add red pepper and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in carrots and peas; cook just until vegetables are heated through.
4. In large bowl, toss hot cooked rice, vegetable mixture, parsley, and remaining 3 tablespoons butter until butter has melted and mixture is well combined. Lightly pack mixture into mold; let stand 1 minute.
5. Run thin knife around edge to loosen; invert flat plate on top of mold. Holding the mold and plate together, quickly invert rice ring onto plate. Lift off the mold.