1. Chop cucumber and carrot into small pieces, about 1/3 cup and put it into a bowl.
2. Add a pinch of salt, mix well and 10 minutes later squeeze out any excess water.
3. In a heated pan, add a drop of vegetable oil and saute the squeezed vegetables for 20 seconds.
4. Chop yellow pickled radish into small pieces, about 2 tbsp worth.
5. Make 2 cups of rice and put it into a large bowl.
6. Add the vinegar-based sauce little by little until you reach your preferred taste to the warm rice and mix it well with a wooden spoon.
7. Add the prepared vegetables and chopped yellow pickled radish to the rice.
8. Mix it well and cool it down.
9. Open the package of yubu and squeeze it slightly to drain out the extra sauce.
10. Open up each yubu to make a pouch.
11. Take about 2-3 tbs of rice and make oval-looking rice balls.
12. Fill each tofu pocket with a rice ball.
13. Dip the top of the pocket with the exposed rice into the mix of dried ingredients.
14. Put each pocket on to a serving plate one by one.
To make creepy eyes:
15. Fill each pouch of yubu with white rice mixed with vinegar-based sauce and form into an eye shape.
16. Cut a black olive in half crosswise.
17. Insert the half dome of the olive into the center of the yubuchobap
18. Adjust the shape to make it look like eye.
Maangchi has come up with a recipe that would cheer up vegetarian foodies. In this video she is making Yubuchobap, which is stir fried rice stuffed tofu. Whether you want to pack a quick lunch for office or take a Korean food for your next picnic, this recipe would be the right choice. Maangchi is making the dish easily by using a Yubuchobap kit from an Asian store and the same would make it easy for you to cook the dish.