Recipe for Black Walnut Wild Rice. Go extra wild by adding the bold taste of wild Black Walnuts to wild rice and flavorful vegetables. The rich, robust flavor of American Black Walnuts works especially well in this hearty, slightly rustic side dish.
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked
Fancy large black walnuts
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Hammonds)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped
1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced
Green bell pepper
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely
1. Cook the wild rice according to package directions.
2. In a skillet; add mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Add black walnuts, onions, garlic salt, and peppers and cook for additional 3 minutes or until the vegetables soften slightly.
4. Add wild rice, stirring till the rice is heated.
5. Serve alongside your favorite main dish.
Looking for a slightly rustic side dish idea? Then look no further, take a look at this Black Walnut Wild Rice recipe. Watch the video to see how the chef combines wid rice with Black Walnuts to give that bold taste. Very easy to assemble and turns out really flavorsome!