Acorn Squash Stuffed With Turkey And Wild Rice
|Wild rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Acorn squash||12 Ounce, halved and seeded (2 Small)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground skinless turkey breast||3⁄4 Pound|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Carrot||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Chopped chives||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Cook the wild rice according to package directions, omitting the salt; drain.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F.Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
3. Place the squash, cut side down, on the baking sheet. Bake until tender when pierced with a knife, about 30 minutes.
Cool 10 minutes. With a spoon, scoop out the pulp from the squash, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. Transfer the pulp to a bowl and reserve the squash shells.
4. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 4-5 minutes. Transfer the turkey to the bowl with the squash pulp. Return the skillet to medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, garlic, and cinnamon; cook until the vegetables soften, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the wild rice, reserved squash pulp and turkey, the chives, salt, and pepper.
5. Divide the turkey mixture among the reserved squash shells and set on the baking sheet. Bake until the filling is hot, about 10-12 minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1008 Calories from Fat 150
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.7 mg45.6%
Sodium 1718.9 mg71.6%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.8%
Dietary Fiber 16.4 g65.8%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 104 g208.8%
Vitamin A 255.4% Vitamin C 122.6%
Calcium 25.5% Iron 56.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet