Baked Green Rice
|Lard/Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Long grain white rice||250 Milliliter (Raw, Not Converted, 1 Cup)|
|Chopped white onion||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Fresh poblano chiles/Anaheim chilies||2 , roasted, peeled, seeded, deveined chopped|
|Green onions||6 , thinly sliced (Thin Variety)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock/Chicken broth||430 Milliliter (1 3/4 Cups)|
|Shredded queso chihuahua||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Coarsely chopped coriander||80 Milliliter (Fresh, 1/3 Cup)|
|Coriander sprigs||1 (Fresh)|
1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Heat lard in 10-inch (25-cm) skillet over medium heat until hot. Add rice; cook, stirring constantly, until rice turns opaque white, about 2 minutes.
2. Quickly add white onion; saute over medium heat 1 minute. Add chilies, green onions, garlic, salt and cumin; saute 20 seconds.
3. Add stock; mix well. Heat over high heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, until rice is almost tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Remove skillet from heat. Add 1 cup (250 mL) cheese and the chopped coriander; toss lightly to mix. Transfer to greased 1 1/2 quart (1.5-L) baking dish; top with remaining cheese.
5. Bake, uncovered, until rice is tender and cheese topping is melted, about 15 minutes. Garnish with coriander sprig.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2916 Calories from Fat 1338
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 152 g233.1%
Saturated Fat 84.6 g422.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 435.2 mg145.1%
Sodium 3492.5 mg145.5%
Total Carbohydrates 270 g90.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.5 g62.1%
Sugars 32.2 g
Protein 118 g235.2%
Vitamin A 322% Vitamin C 99%
Calcium 267.2% Iron 64.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet