Vegetarian Rice-A-Ronni A San Francisco Treat
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Italian seasoning mix||2 Tablespoon|
|Basmati rice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vermicelli||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fresh zucchini||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Squash||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Celery||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Carrot||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Bell pepper||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Onion||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Tomatoes||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Vegetarian broth||14 Ounce|
|V8 juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Orange slices||6 , cubed|
|Red bell pepper||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Green onion||2 , chopped finely|
|Italian seasoning mix||1 Teaspoon|
|For bread toast|
|Sourdough bread slice/Garlic bread||4|
|Italian seasoning mix||2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large casserole dish, add butter, olive oil, Italian seasoning mix, rice and vermicelli. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Place inside the microwave oven at power 10 for 4 minutes. Stir after 2 minutes.
3. In a pan, heat olive oil. Stir in the celery, zucchini, squash, carrot, bell pepper, onion and tomatoes. Add Italian seasoning mix and stir fry for a few minutes.
4. In to the casserole, add the vegetarian broth, v8 juice and the stir fried vegetables. Cook at power 10 for 15 minutes. Stir after each 5 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let it stand for 3-4 minutes.
6. Serve the Rice-A-Ronni with salad and toasted bread.
1. In serving bowls, place 2 leaves of lettuce. Put 2 tablespoons of cream cheese over them.
2. Top it with orange slices, red bell pepper and green onion. Sprinkle over some Italian seasoning mix.
3. Serve this Salad with toasted bread.
FOR BREAD TOAST
1. Spread butter and Italian seasoning on the sourdough bread slices.
2. Toast them until light brown.
3. Serve the Bread Toast for dinner with pomegranate juice.
Calories 627 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.7%
Saturated Fat 10 g50.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.7 mg13.6%
Sodium 1961.6 mg81.7%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21%
Sugars 28.9 g
Protein 11 g22.4%
Vitamin A 166.4% Vitamin C 143.3%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet