PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
|Steamed basmati rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sliced breast chicken breast||250 Gram|
|Crushed pineapple pulp||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped yellow bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Annatto powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Red Natural Food Colouring)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
1. Season the chicken with the soy sauce and black pepper powder.
2. Heat a pan over a high heat, add 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil, Annatto powder and half of the broth cube.
3. Once the broth cube has melted, add the cold rice and toss thoroughly.
4. Set aside the rice and heat a large non-stick frying pan, add 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil and fry the onions for 2 min.
5. Add the garlic, stir for 1 min and then add the chicken, cook this mixture for about 6 to 7 min.
6. Add the celery, carrots, pineapple, the remaining broth cube and stir occasionally until the juice of the pineapple has reduced.
7. Add the green peas, bell pepper and cook fro 2 min and then add in the rice.
8. Mix well, add the parsley just leaving some for top dish decoration.
For more information please visit: http://www.cookingwithpeachy.com/
Calories 527 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.07 mg0.02%
Sodium 1300.9 mg54.2%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.5%
Dietary Fiber 16.9 g67.5%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 13 g27%
Vitamin A 66.4% Vitamin C 29.4%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet