Ten Precious Rice
|Lean pork||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Smoked ham||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Abalone||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken breast||1 Small|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Separately shred pork, ham, bamboo shoots and abalone. Bone and shred chicken breast. Slice water chestnuts; cut scallion in 1/2 inch sections.
2. Break up and separate the cold cooked rice, as in step 1 of Simple Fried Rice.
3. Combine soy sauce, sherry, salt and pepper.
4. Heat oil. Add scallion and stir-fry until translucent. Add pork; stir-fry until it loses its pinkness (about 2 minutes).
5. Add chicken and ham and stir-fry until chicken loses its pinkness (about 2 minutes). Then quickly stir in soy-sherry mixture.
6. Add rice and mix well to blend. Add stock; bring to a boil, then lower heat.
7. Add bamboo shoots and water chestnuts; simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
8. During the last 3 minutes of cooking, stir in abalone to heat through; then
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1845 Calories from Fat 525
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91.1%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 242.9 mg81%
Sodium 4059.5 mg169.1%
Total Carbohydrates 221 g73.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 95 g189.9%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 16.7%
Calcium 10% Iron 95.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet