Basic Fried Rice
|Cold cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Seafood/Cooked meat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetables||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Break up and separate the cold cooked rice, as in step 1 of Simple Fried Rice.
2. Dice or shred meat, seafood and vegetables Keep the fresh vegetables separate from the canned. (The latter should be drained well before using.) Mince scallions; beat eggs.
3. Heat oil in a large deep pan. Add minced scallions and stir-fry a few times. Add fresh vegetables and stir-fry to soften slightly.
4. Add canned vegetables and cooked meat; stir-fry to heat through and blend. Remove all ingredients from pan.
5. Heat remaining oil to smoking. Add rice and heat through completely, as in step 3 of Simple Fried Rice.
6. Return vegetables and meat; fold into rice with a spatula to blend well and reheat.
7. Then quickly blend in soy sauce, salt, sugar and sherry.
8. Fold in beaten eggs with a spatula and turn off heat just as eggs begin to set.