Sweet Coconut Rice
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jaggery||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust the quantity of jaggery as per taste)|
|Shredded fresh coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nuts and raisins||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cook rice the usual way, making sure its not mushy.
2. Break the jaggery into small peices so that there are no lumps.
3. In a pan, heat 2 to 3 tbsp. ghee/dalda and fry the nuts and raisins till golden. Remove and keep aside.
4. In the same pan, fry some cloves and add the jaggery and coconut. Stir till it blends together and emits a good fragrance.
5. Add the rice (without lumps) and stir it well into the coconut-jaggery mixture.
6. Add the cardamom powder and the fried nuts/raisins.
7. Stir once more till well mixed and remove.
8. You may reserve some of the nuts for garnish.
9. You could also serve it with more ghee on top if desired.