|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Canned pitted bing cherries in heavy syrup||29 Ounce (1 Can, No. 2 1/2 Size)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Raw rice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), washed and drained|
|Milk||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
1. Bring the milk to a boil in a large saucepan. Immediately stir in rice, lower heat, cover and cook forty to forty-five minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove from heat and add salt, sugar, vanilla and almonds. Mix. Cool the mixture, then chill in the refrigerator.
3. Add the whipped cream in three portions, folding it in thoroughly after each addition.
4. Drain the cherries, reserving one and one-half cups of the juice.
5. Mix two tablespoons of the juice with the cornstarch to make a smooth paste. Place remaining juice in a saucepan, stir in the cornstarch mixture and heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, add cherries.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2879 Calories from Fat 1172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 134 g205.5%
Saturated Fat 71.6 g358.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 407.9 mg136%
Sodium 1453.8 mg60.6%
Total Carbohydrates 371 g123.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.3%
Sugars 194.4 g
Protein 53 g105.8%
Vitamin A 86.7% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 114.1% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet