Curried Shrimp With Rice
|Yellow onion||1 Small, peeled and sliced|
|Lemon||1 , sliced|
|Whole black peppercorns||6|
|Shrimp||2 Pound, cleaned and deveined|
|Chutney||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Apple||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Curry powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cardamom||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Condensed chicken broth||21 Ounce (2 Cans, 11/2 Ounce Each)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime peel||2 Teaspoon, grated|
1. Heat butter in a large frying pan. Saute onion, apple, garlic, and curry powder about 5 minutes until onion is tender.
2. Remove from heat. Blend in flour, salt, ginger, cardamom, and pepper.
3. Gradually stir in chicken broth, lime juice, and lime peel.
4. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Boil salt, onion, lemon, and peppercorns in 1 quart of water. Add shrimp, reduce heat and let shrimp simmer till pink.
6. Drain shrimp and add to curry sauce. Stir in chopped chutney and heat just to boiling.