Baked Rice Balls
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Canned tomato paste||6 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked rice||6 Cup (96 tbs) (Hot)|
|Grated romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Eggs||5 , slightly beaten|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
1. Brown ground beef with onion in a skillet. Add tomato paste, stir, and cook 5 minutes. Add water, salt, pepper, and parsley. Mix well and cool about 15 minutes.
2. Combine rice, cheese, butter, 1 cup flour, and 2 eggs. Mix until butter is melted and ingredients are well blended.
3. With well-floured hands, shape some rice into a small ball. Flatten slightly and top with 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture. Top with more rice to cover meat, and make into a ball size of a small orange.
4. Hold the ball over a shallow pan filled with about 1 cup flour; add more flour when needed. Sprinkle rice ball with flour while gently packing and turning in palm of hand.
5. Carefully dip ball in beaten eggs, then roll gently in bread crumbs to coat. Repeat with remaining rice.Place finished rice balls in a jelly-roll pan or baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
6. Bake at 350°F 30 minutes. While rice balls are baking, stir tomato sauce into meat sauce and heat.