Here is an easy way to cook a succulent Prime Ribeye. I sourced my Prime Rib from a local butcher "The Corner Butcher".
In this video I show you a fool proof method on how to cook a beatiful Prime Rib. This proven method has been around for a while.
6 1⁄2 Pound, room temperature
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (or more)
3 Tablespoon (as required)
1. Soak the cedar plank for around 3 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
3. After 3 hours of soaking place the cedar plank in the preheated oven with the smooth side down for 5 minutes.
4. In a bowl mix the butter and thyme till well combined.
5. Brush it generously over the prime rib to cover it completely. Season wsith salt generously all over.
6. Place the soaked cedar plank in the preheated oven with the smooth side down for 5 minutes. Then flip it and place a dip tray under it.
7. Place the seasoned prime rib over the heated plank and cook it for around 35 minutes (5 minutes per pound of meat). After 35 minutes, turn off the oven and leave the rib inside the oven for another 2 ½ hours without disturbing or checking.
8. After 2 ½ hours remove the ribs from the oven and carve as desired.
9. Serve the ribs warm with fries or salad or any other accompaniment of choice.