1. With a knife, score and scruff up steak as shown in the video for the flavor to penetrate.
2. Preheat smoker to high.
3. Season steak liberally with salt and pepper.
4. Sprinkle garlic salt, and cayenne pepper. Rub to coat well. Flip and repeat on the other side. Let it rest on cutting board.
5. In a saucepan, combine butter, thyme, red pepper, and garlic. Place the pan on heat until butter melts.
6. Place steak direct on charcoal and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of meat.
7. Baste steak with melted butter and cook until done.
8. Serve steak hot with salad and bread rolls.