How to Make Killer BBQ - From Chicken to Baby Back Ribs - At Fairway Market's Cafe
|For the bbq sauce|
|Red onion slice||3 Large, chop|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, dice|
|Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes puree||28 Ounce|
|Ketchup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon (Fairway)|
|Honey||1 Teaspoon (Fairway)|
|Chipotle peppers||2 1⁄2 Medium|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Cinammon sticks||1 Small (Fairway)|
|Sweet paprika||1 Teaspoon (Fairway)|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon (Fairway)|
|Ancho chili powder||1 Teaspoon (Fairway)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Chipotle chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Jalapeno chili||1 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Pasilla chile||1 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon (Fairway)|
|Mesquite seasoning||1 Teaspoon (mesquite BBQ powder)|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|For the bbq baby back ribs|
|Baby back ribs||6 Pound|
|Kosher salt||To Taste (Fairway)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste (Fairway)|
|Bbq sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|For the chicken wings|
|Chicken wings||1 Pound|
|Dry rub||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bbq sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the flank steak|
|Flank steak||1⁄2 Pound|
|Bbq sauce||4 Tablespoon|
FOR THE BBQ SAUCE
1. Slice the onions and dice the garlic, set aside.
2. In a large saucepan sauté the onion in corn oil for 20 minutes or until the onions caramelizes.
3. After 20 minutes, Add the pureed tomatoes, ketchup, Fairway red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, Fairway honey, chipotle peppers, dark brown sugar, cinnamon stick, sweet paprika, chili powder, dark chili powder, ancho chili powder, chipotle chili powder, jalapeno chili powder, pasilla chili powder, ground ginger, mesquite BBQ powder, and salt to taste.
4. Simmer the bbq sauce for 2 hours over low heat.
5. Use the bbq sauce as desired over grilled meat or chicken and serve.
Before using the sauce, remove the chipotle peppers and the cinnamon stick.
FOR THE BABY BACK RIBS
1. Season the baby back ribs with salt and pepper the day before you cook them and refrigerate them overnight.
2. Fire up the grill to smoking hot.
3. Preheat the oven at 300 degree.
4. Place the baby back ribs on the center of the grill, bone side down.
5. Grill for 20 minutes in a preheated oven.
6. After 20 minutes flip the grill and grill it for 20 more minutes.
7. Once done remove the baby back ribs and place it in a baking tray and brush generously with the bbq sauce on both sides.
8. Place ribs in a preheated oven and cook for 45 to 60 minutes.
9. After an hour remove the ribs and brush it with bbq sauce on both sides and place the ribs back in the oven to cook for further 10-15 minutes.
10. Once done remove let the ribs rest for some time.
11. You can serve the baby back ribs with roasted potatoes on the side.
FOR THE BBQ CHICKEN WINGS
1. Preheat the oven at 400 degree.
2. Season the chicken wings with some dry rub, slather the bbq sauce over the chicken.
3. Cook it in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes remove and slather some more bbq sauce and place it back in the oven.
5. Cook it for 10-15 minutes.
6. Serve the chicken wings along with a glass of chilled beer.
FOR THE FLANK STEAK
1. Fire up the grill.
2. Grill the flank steak over the grill until cooked.
3. Once cooked, slather the bbq sauce on both the sides.
4. Slice and serve
5. Serve the sliced flank steak with some roasted potates.
Calories 835 Calories from Fat 402
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.7%
Saturated Fat 15 g75%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.4 mg62.5%
Sodium 1640.2 mg68.3%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 33.6 g
Protein 57 g113.9%
Vitamin A 27% Vitamin C 26.5%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet