Chili Pineapple Glazed Ribs with Sweet Potato and Pecan Salad
|Chili powder||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for ribs)|
|Buttermilk||2 Ounce (for dressing)|
|Baby back ribs||4 Pound (4 slabs, for ribs)|
|Pineapple juice||46 Ounce (for ribs)|
|Seasoning salt||2 Tablespoon (for ribs)|
|Sweet potato||1 Pound, peeled and diced (for salad)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for salad)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for salad)|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (for salad)|
|Pepper||1 Tablespoon (for salad)|
|Honey||1 Tablespoon (for dressing)|
|Red onion||1 Tablespoon, mince (for dressing)|
|Celery hearts||2 Tablespoon, mince (for dressing)|
|Pecan||2 Ounce, chopped finely (for dressing)|
1. Preheat oven to 325 degree for ribs, and 350 degree for salad.
2. For ribs, in a bowl, mix pineapple juice, chili powder and salt.
3. Pour the mixture along with the rib in a zip tight pouch, and allow it to rest for 24 hours.
4. For salad, in a large bowl combine sweet potato, brown sugar and oil.
5. Sprinkle salt and sugar over it. Toss it well and keep it aside.
6. For dressing, in a small bowl mix together honey, buttermilk, red onion, celery hearts, pecan, salt and pepper. Keep it aside.
7. For ribs, take a braising pan and place the marinated rib in it. Cover it tightly with a foil.
8. Place the pan in oven for about 3 hours or until the meat starts falling from the bone.
9. Remove the foil, take it out of the oven and allow it to rest.
10. For salad, place the bowl in oven, uncovered, and cook for about 30 minutes or until potatoes soften.
11. Take the bowl out of the oven and mix potatoes well with the dressing.
12. Put sweet potato salad and rib on a plate, garnish with pecan and serve immediately.
Remove the fibrous layer at the back of the rib. Cutting on the shorter side will be an easier way of removing it.
Calories 1898 Calories from Fat 1097
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g190.1%
Saturated Fat 30.5 g152.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 259.2 mg86.4%
Sodium 5785.3 mg241.1%
Total Carbohydrates 138 g45.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.6%
Sugars 104.3 g
Protein 72 g144.5%
Vitamin A 325.8% Vitamin C 244.1%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet