Rib Roast and Yorkshire Pudding
|Rib roast||5 Pound (2 ribs, for the rib roast)|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon (To taste, for the rib roast)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||2 Teaspoon (To taste, for the rib roast)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (for the rib roast)|
|Broccoli||1 Pound (for the rib roast)|
|Brussels sprouts||1 Pound (for the rib roast)|
|Potato||1 Pound, peeled and diced (for the rib roast)|
|Rutabaga||1 Pound, peeled and diced (for the rib roast)|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (for the rib roast)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon (for the gravy)|
|Bisto||1 Tablespoon (for the gravy)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (for the gravy)|
|Eggs||3 Large (for the Yorkshire pudding)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the Yorkshire pudding)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (for the Yorkshire pudding)|
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a roasting pan place the rib roast and rub the meat with a little vegetable oil.
3. Add freshly ground black pepper and a sprinkle of salt.
4. Let the rib sit at room temperature for a couple of hours before it goes in the oven.
5. While the rib is resting, the batter of the yorkshire pudding is started with the cracking of the 3 extra large eggs.
6. Add the milk and the salt to the eggs and whisk the both together.
7. Add 1 heaping cup of flour to the egg and milk mixture and gently whisk together until blended.
8. In a sauce pan allow water to come to a boil and add the yellow turnips and let them get cooked.
8. Start roasting the rib at 450 degrees Farenheit for 15 min.
9. Lower the temperature to 325 degrees Farenheit and add the potatoes with some freshly ground black pepper.
10.Roast for an additional 1 3/4 hour for rare or medium rare.
11.Drain the yellow turnips and mash with a potato masher adding a tablespoon of milk.Reserve the water.
12.Mix together the corn starch and the bisto with a little bit of water and add to the reserved vegetable water from the yellow turnip.Heat it and whisk it to thicken it and finish off with chopped parsley.
13.Take the rib out of the oven and pour in the fat drippings onto a muffin tin.
14.Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees Farenheit.
15.Pre heat the oiled muffin tin.
16.Pour in the batter of the Yorkshire pudding and bake for 20 minutes.
17.Steam the vegetables and season them.
18. Slice the beef and serve it with the mashed turnip and steamed vegetables, roasted potatoes and the Yorkshire pudding.