Braised Short Ribs
|Beef short ribs||2 Pound|
|Ground thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bay leaves||2 , crushed|
|Curry powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Drippings/Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Celery rib with leaves||3 , chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 300F.
2) You may choose to leave the beef short ribs whole or slice them into 4 pieces.
3) In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, pepper, thyme, bay leaves, onion and curry powder.
4) Roll the meat in the seasoning till well coated.
5) In a heavy metal frying pan or a Dutch oven, heat the drippings or salad oil. Add in the seasoned meat and cook over a medium heat to brown well on all sides.
6) Cover the vessel and allow the mixture to simmer over a low flame for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. You may even cook it in a preheated oven.
8) Cook till the meat turns tender.
9) Serve the Braised Short Ribs with a serving of grilled vegetables on the side.