Spicy Barbecued Pork Spareribs
|Pork spare rib strips||12 Pound, cracked|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (Wesson)|
|Tomato ketchup||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Hunt's)|
|Wine vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (packed)|
1. Skin the ribs and cut into serving size pieces. You can ask you butcher to do this for you.
2. Prepare a grill or preheat a broiler
3. Grill the ribs, approximately 5 inches from coals or source of heat.
4. Cook them for 1 hour, turning frequently.
5. Meanwhile, in a saucepan heat the oil.
6. Add and sautÃ© the onion and garlic until golden.
7. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
8. Reduce heat and simmer sauce for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. When ribs are semi roasted, glaze with the sauce.
Grill them for another 35 minutes, basting frequently with the sauce.
10. Serve the Spicy Barbecued Spareribs hot with additional sauce if you like.
Calories 1556 Calories from Fat 868
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g148.5%
Saturated Fat 32.6 g163.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 408.3 mg136.1%
Sodium 583.5 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 138 g275.8%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 23.1%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 32.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet