Mustard Glazed Spareribs
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Honey||12 Ounce (375 gram)|
|Dijon mustard||8 Ounce (1 cup / 250 gram)|
|Cider vinegar||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 cup /125 milliliter)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (plus extra to taste)|
|Ground cloves||1 Teaspoon|
|Baby back ribs||6 Pound (3 kilogram, more or less, in slabs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1. In a large pan, heat the vegetable oil and add the onions to the pan. Cook the onions till they turn soft. This will take five minutes.
2. Add the honey, vinegar, mustard, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the cloves. Stir well and bring to a boil.
3. When the mixture is boiling, reduce heat and simmer for five minutes while stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and set aside when the mixture is thick.
4. Prepare the covered grill for indirect heat cooking. Place the oiled grilling rack 4-6 inches from the fire.
5. Salt and pepper the ribs and place the ribs on the grill. Open the vents halfway to vent the grill. Cook the ribs for 40 minutes.
6. Add more coals to the fire and then brush the ribs with the honey mixture. The additional coals will raise the temperature of the grill. Cook the meat for 10 minutes more at this temperature.
7. Turn once, brush with more sauce, cover and cook for 10 minutes more.
8. Cut into small pieces for serving
9. Mound the meat on each serving plate and pour the sauce over and serve immediately
Calories 1690 Calories from Fat 903
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 101 g154.7%
Saturated Fat 35.1 g175.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 388.8 mg129.6%
Sodium 2220.9 mg92.5%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 90.5 g
Protein 106 g211.8%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 6.3%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet