|Cider vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Dark molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pineapple chunks||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Green peppers||2 , cut julienne|
1) Cut the spareribs in individual ribs.
2) In a large pan, bring water to boil (reserving 3/4 cup).
3) Add 1/2 cup vinegar and the ribs, cook for 15 minutes. Drain.
4) Drain pineapple, reserving 3/4 cup juice.
5) In a large bowl, mix together cornstarch, molasses, soy sauce and the ribs.
6) In a skillet heat oil and brown the ribs.
7) Drain on paper napkins.
8) In a wide pan, mix the pineapple juice, vinegar and sugar, bring to boil.
9) Add the ribs, cover and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring frequently.
10) Add green peppers and pineapple, cook for 25 minutes more.
Calories 1842 Calories from Fat 1230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 138 g212%
Saturated Fat 37.8 g189%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 264 mg88%
Sodium 1166.5 mg48.6%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 43.2 g
Protein 59 g117.5%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 114%
Calcium 24.4% Iron 33.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet