Spicy Barbecued Ribs
|Tomato sauce||24 Ounce|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Angostura aromatic bitters||2 Tablespoon|
1. Wash the meat and cut the spareribs into generous serving pieces. Season them with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. In a large kettle, pour in the water and add the meat and the onion. Simmer for one hour till the meat is cooked through.
3. Drain the meat and the water and set aside till required and cooled through.
4. Preheat the oven to 400° F
5. In a large pan, tip in all the ingredients and simmer in water for 15 minutes.
6. In a shallow pan, place the meat and pour the sauce over it. Let this mixture and meat marinate for at least two hours.
7. Just before cooking, drain the marinade and set aside. Brush the meat with the sauce and grill slowly over hot coals, basting several times during roasting.
8. Serve hot with fresh salads
The meat may be placed on a baking tray and then roast in hot oven (400° F.) for 45 minutes, or until browned and glazed, basting frequently with sauce
Calories 1521 Calories from Fat 1079
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 120 g185%
Saturated Fat 42.1 g210.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 352 mg117.3%
Sodium 1341.1 mg55.9%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 78 g156.5%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 53.2%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 28%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet