Red Stag Bourbon BBQ Baby Back Ribs
|Baby back ribs||3 Pound|
|Onion||1 Large, dice|
|Yellow mustard sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Bourbon rub||3 Tablespoon (John Henry’s)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|For the bourbon sauce|
|Cherry concentrate juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Red stag bourbon||60 Milliliter (Jim Beam)|
1. Remove the membrane using a sharp knife and paper towel.
2. Trim and square up the ribs, set aside.
3. In a bowl combine yellow mustard and honey, mix them well.
4. Baste the mixture on top of the ribs coat it evenly, using a basting brush.
5. Sprinkle garlic salt and burbon rub allover, lightly apply the brown sugar to the ribs.
6. Follow the same steps for coating the other side of the ribs.
7. Once done refrigerate the ribs to glaze for 30 minutes.
8. Prepare the smoker, you want 230 degrees and thin blue smoke.
9. Place the ribs in the smoker and smoke for 2 ½ hours at 230 degrees.
10. Throw the onion into the fire to sweeten the smoke.
11. Once done remove and allow it to rest.
12. In a cup combine cherry dr pepper, honey, brown sugar and red stag burbon, you need 3 portions of the same mixture for individual racks.
13. Place one of the ribs on a sheet of foil and pour the burbon infused mixture over the ribs, wrap the foil tightly, one rack at a time.
14. Place the foiled ribs back into the pit and smoke for 1 ½ hour at 228 degrees.
15. After 1 ½ hour remove the ribs from the foil and place the ribs back in the smoker.
16. Remove the ribs when the meat starts to split as you bend the racks.
17. Place the ribs on a plate and baste it with bbq sauce and cut them into individual pieces.
18. Serve with a chilled glass of beer.
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.3%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.2 mg32.4%
Sodium 1138 mg47.4%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 20.8 g
Protein 28 g55%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet