1. Heat up your barbecue. While it is getting hot, place the short ribs in a resealable plastic bag.
2. To prepare the marinade, mix garlic, vermouth, soy sauce and pepper together. Pour into the bag with short ribs, then seal the bag and begin mixing the marinade into the meat. Set aside for 20-30 minutes.
3. Take a fresh pineapple, cut it into rounds and further cut those rounds into half. Set aside. (Keep the rind on as it would help it to grill well)
4. When coals are ready, spread them out in a single layer in your barbecue and cook them on a high direct heat.
5. When you see the charred lines on the bottom side of the meat strips, turn them over.
6. The ribs would be cooked in about 5 - 7 minutes. Once done, remove form the grill and place on a plate, cover with foil.
7. Place pineapple half-rounds on grill and cook for 3-5 minutes.
8. Serve by putting the short ribs and pineapple together on a large platter.