Hickory Smoked Baby Backs with Bbq Sauce
|Southwestern seasoning||4 Tablespoon (Southwestern Barbeque Rub)|
|Chinese 5 spice||1 Tablespoon|
|Baby back ribs||3 Pound|
|Spare ribs||1 Pound|
|Bbq sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hoisin sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green cabbage||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
|Red cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Green onions||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Carrots||2 , julienned|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grainy mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Bleu cheese||1 Centiliter, crumbled|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. Rub down the baby back ribs on all sides with the southwestern barbeque. Set aside.
2. Mix the Chinese 5 spice and salt and rub down the spare ribs. Set Aside.
3. Place both the ribs in a smoker with Hickory wood chips and smoke for at least 1 1/2 hours.
4. After an hour and a half, place both ribs on a hot grill and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side.
5. In a bowl mix together barbeque sauce, hoisin sauce and honey and baste both the ribs with the BBQ sauce mix.
6. For the Coleslaw: In a bowl mix together mayonnaise, grainy mustard, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper.
7. In a bowl, add the cabbages, green onions, carrots, dressing and blue cheese and mix thoroughly.
8. Cut and slice the baby back ribs and the spare ribs.
9. serve both ribs with the bleu cheese coleslaw.
Calories 593 Calories from Fat 325
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.9%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 138.4 mg46.1%
Sodium 1679.6 mg70%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 39 g78.6%
Vitamin A 66.1% Vitamin C 31.3%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet