Top 10 German Cook Books
German cuisine is mainly known for its regional variation and versatility. German Cook books offer some of the most traditional as well as contemporary recipes with easy to follow instructions along with small anecdotes, stories and brief history of cuisine, ingredients and recipes. Here are the top 10 cook books recommended by expert chefs which are considered to be a must-read for anyone interested in German foods.
This book is penned by Mimi Sheraton and is a collection of soups to the best of baking specialties. The book offers very easy instructions and also discusses some of the best restaurants from the region which makes it the top selling cookbook. The book also helps with references while ordering some of the most traditional dishes.
This book is written by Jean Anderson and is very popular for its clear ingredients, explanations about the use of ingredients and introduction to the recipes. Some of the rarest traditional dishes and some of their other versions from home cooks and new generation cooks are also available. It is a must for anyone looking for authentic German foods.
Another very popular book on German cuisine! This cookbook is penned by Nadia Hassani has more than 175 recipes and photos and offers a complete in depth analysis of the finest German food.
Other Best German Cook books are:
1. Taste of Old Germany: Recipes from my Colorado Restaurant and my Childhood by Rita Bergstrom (Apr 26, 2010)
2. Classic German Cookbook: 70 traditional recipes from Germany, Austria, Hungary and Czechoslovakia, shown step-by-step in 300 photographs (Classic (Southwater)) by Lesley Chamberlain (Mar 12, 2008)
3. Cooking the German Way (Easy Menu Ethnic Cookbooks) by Helga Parnell
4. German Cooking: The Complete Guide to Preparing Classic and Modern German Cuisine, Adapted for the American Kitchen by Marianna Olszewska Heberle
5. German Cookery: The Crown Classic Cookbook Series by Elizabeth Schuler
6. Luchow's German Cookbook by Jan Mitchell
7. German Home Cooking by Maria Swaringen
With their simplicity and easy to follow instructions, these top 10 German cook books are surely going to make your task easier.
Image credits: Amazon.com