Tryphtophan Review - Benefits of Tryptophan Supplements
As we all know that lots of essential fatty acids are involved in the functioning of human body. Some of these fatty acids are to be supplied externally and some of them are produced within the body. The tryptophan is one such amino acid variant which is often supplemented externally. Today there are lots of tryptophan supplements in the market and recounting their reviews at one place becomes difficult. Read through the generic tryptophan reviews given in this blog to get a general idea about this amino acid. This review on tryptophan also gives you the pros and cons about the product.
Tryptophan is an important amino acid, and it is not synthesized by human body. The tryptophan plays an important role in protein biosynthesis and it acts as a precursor in production of serotonin, auxin and niacin. The amino acid is found in plenty in dietary proteins or protein–based foods. Turkey, oats, milk, yogurt, red meat, sesame, chickpeas, and peanuts are the other good sources of the amino acid. Lactose intolerance and fructose malabsorption can lead to improper digestion of tryptophan.
Benefits Of Tryptophan Supplements
There are various health benefits of tryptophan. Some of the more pronounced health benefits include:
- Mood Enhancement: The tryptophan is known to influence the serotonin levels the brain. The decreased levels of serotonin are observed in people suffering from anxiety and depression. Consuming tryptophan supplements aid in improving the serotonin levels of brain and it alleviates the anxiety and depression. The tryphtopan is usually prescribed as an antidepressant.
- Growth: The tryptophan is known to influence the growth hormones in a very positive way. It can improve the sleep patterns and boosts the appetite in growing up children. When given in prescribed doses, the tryptophan is known to improve the depression and anxiety levels in kids known for to be hyperactive and depressed.
- Regulating Sleep Patterns: The tryptophan is known to improve the sleeping patterns in people suffering from insomnia. It is known to stimulate the generation of neuro hormone, as well as serotonin and melatonin, which are responsible for our sleeping patterns. Tryptophan supplements are generally administered to people suffering from insomnia.
- Treating Migraine: The tryptophan supplements are administered to people suffering from migraines, because it aids in curbing the instances of anxiety attacks and also helps them to react positively towards the stressful situations.
- Curbing Appetite and Triggering Weight Loss: Tryptophan supplements are known to regulate the appetite and also aid in weight loss. Tryptophan boosts the serotonin levels in the body which aids in curbing the cravings and ultimately triggering the weight loss.
Posology and Method of Administration
The doses will be different for people of all age group , so it should be taken only under supervision of a physician. Also, it is not recommendable to consume tryptophan with proteins. Proteins compete with tryptophan for absorption. Magnesium and vitamin B6 is known to influence the effect of tryptophan.
The over consumption of tryptophan will cause drowsiness, dizziness and dryness in mouth. Other than that people have also reported about confusion, fever, diarrhea, poor coordination and sweating etc.
Tryptophan should be consumed under supervision of medical practitioner. It is always best to take food supplements rich in tryptophan rather than relying on the synthetic supplements.
Image Courtesy: beautynhealth.com