Grape Seed Review - Is it Worth its Hype ?
We are sure that all of you might have heard about grape seed extract in one or another way. It is one of the best selling dietary supplements in the world. However, with various grape seed extract products in the market, people often get confused about which product to rely upon. Through this grape seed extract review, we have tried to give you a fair idea of what the extract is all about and how it is beneficial for health.
Grape seed extract is derived from the seeds of grape fruit and it is known to be enriched with flavonoids, linolenic acid, vitamin E, and OPC’s. The grape seed extract is also known to be enriched with lots of antioxidants like polyphenols. The grape seed extract is also added to the cosmetic skin care products. This ingredient is known to be very effective antioxidant. The grape seed extract have become integral part of serums, and anti-aging creams because they are known to aid skin in combating the actions of free radicals. Also, they are found in most of the oral supplements too. Essentially the ingredient is known to strengthen the skin tissue and also assists in blood circulation. A company called World Image Naturals has staked claim for being an authentic user of this ingredient in all its supplements. The specific grape seed extract produced by World Image Naturals is believed to be free from any additives and colors.
The grape seed extract is known to be beneficial in curbing effects of:
- Cancer: The grape seed extract is loaded with resveratrol, which is known to interfere in cancer cell formation, growth and its proliferation. The grape seed extract is also known to have chemo preventive effects.
- Ultraviolet Damage to Skin: The proanthocyanins in the grape seed extract is known to protect against the carcinogens and also snubs the carcinogenesis. The grape seed extract is added to sunscreen lotions.
- Tooth Decay: The phenols in the grape seed extract are known to inhibit the metabolism of sugar and it also retards the growth of certain bacteria in the mouth.
- Osteoporosis: The grape seed extract is known to aid in promoting the bone health. It enhances the bone density and strength.
- Skin Cancer: The grape seed extract is known to decrease the chances of tumor and also it aids in reducing the malignancy of papillomas.
- Wounds: Grape seed extract contains proanthocyanins which accelerates the vascular endothelial growth factor and speeds up the recuperating process.
Dosage, Interactions and Precautions
The grape seed extract is mostly used in the form of tablets, liquid or capsules. During tests it was found that the oral administration of grape seed extract was well tolerated by people upto 8 weeks. Some minor side effects like dry itchy scalp, nausea, dizziness, and headache was reported. The interactions between different medicines and grape seed extract are not known but it is still advised to remain on the safe side.
The main aim of this grape seed extract review is to make you aware of the fact that it comes across as one of the beneficial healthcare supplements. Still, it should be taken under the supervision of physician if you are on any other medication.
Image Courtesy: iherb.com