Chef LaLa on Martha Stewart tomorrow
Chef LaLa will be on Martha Stewart's program tomorrow making Enchildas!
March 13, 2008
THE MARTHA STEWART SHOW
Now I don't know which type of enchilada's she will be making but here is the recipe from her site
Chef LaLa (Laura Diaz-Brown) grew up Los Angeles here in California!Â She owns a catering company, Savor, and has a dozen favourite charities she is actively helping while being a new mom.
1 pound extra lean ground beef
12 ounces potato, peeled and quartered
3 ounces water
6 ounce tomatoes, canned
1 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic, peeled
4 ounces onion, peeled and quartered
2 each serrano chilies
4 cups beef or vegetable stock
1 each tostada (fried tortilla)
Â¼ teaspoon pepper
1 dash cumin
14 each corn tortillas
12 ounces cotija or queso fresco
Â Â Â
* Place meat, potatoes, ground beef and water in pot.
* Cover, cook over low medium heat for 20 minutes, until potatoes
Â Â Â Â Â Â are tender.
* Drain the juice and reserve.
* Mash the meat and potatoes together with a potato masher.
* Mix in Â½ teaspoon of salt.
* In a blender, add reserved juice, canned tomatoes, Â½
Â teaspoon of salt, garlic cloves, onions, serrano chiles, stock, tostada (to thicken sauce), pepper and cumin.
* Puree and transfer sauce into a saucepan.
* Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
* Dip tortilla into saucepan, carefully and quickly transfer onto a baking pan.
* Spoon 2 ounces of meat/potato filling onto the tortilla in an elongated manner.
* Roll the tortilla with the seam ending up at the bottom.
* Arrange rolls closely to one another.
* Repeat with each tortilla. Cover with more sauce.
* Place in an oven for 5-7 minutes at 375Ë.
* Serve immediately.
* Sprinkle with crumbled cotija or queso fresco.
Makes 14 enchiladas. Sauce makes 4 Â½ cups
Fat (g) 7.9
Protein (g) 8.5
Carbohydrates (g) 19
Fiber (g) 2.2
Cholesterol (mg) 30
Sodium (mg) 279