The Boll Weevil Restaurant Review
Where to eat is not a problem anymore. If you are looking for everything on the menu, you must visit the Boll Weevil Restaurant. It is located in San Diego, California, United States. Started as a casual dining chain of restaurants, it now has loads of variety to offer to you. This Boll Weevil review takes you through the flavors of the place.
Past and Present
Boll Weevil was founded in 1966 by Fred and Lorraine Halleman. The original location was adjacent to the upscale Cotton Patch steakhouse, with the Boll Weevil name referring to a smaller restaurant spawned from a cotton patch. Both were located in San Diego on Midway Drive, near Barnett Ave and the Pacific Coast Highway. On September 15, 2008, the company-owned restaurants were closed down as the parent company entered Chapter 7 bankruptcy. A few independently-owned franchise stores remain open.
Boll Weevil Walkthrough
- They were decorated in a style reminiscent of the American Old West. So you can get a feel of the American old west style of decoration, along with good food. A treat for your eyes and taste buds.
- They have some unique menu items, and offer many of the same favorites - burgers, tummy warmers, meal-sized salads, chicken (fried or breaded), sandwiches, and more.
- There is a wide range to choose from when it comes to beverages. They offer Iced Tea and Soft Drinks, Beer On Tap, Wine, Cocktails - Clairemont Mesa only making summers cooler
- They offer variety in entertainment too. So one is sure to pamper their taste buds while playing their favorite games. They have Pool Tables, Big Screen TVs for Sports, Video Games, and Digital Jukeboxes. Plus, if you have a meeting or a party, they even cater. So it’s a box full of surprises, you just have to ask.
- For some people Boll Weevil exceeds all expectation as far as serving a good dessert is concerned. If you are looking for a delightful dessert after having a scrumptious meal, the best place would be the Boll Weevil.
- It is very important to note though, that the service at these restaurants is quite slow.So, if you are in an urgency to grab a bite you might want to try some place else.
In the recent past, due to bankruptcy, the restaurants had to be closed down. Many old people having childhood memories associated with the restaurant, still look up to the place as it was in the 70's, thus exemplifying that a good name last long.
Image Credits: www.gulfcoasteats.blogspot.com