Microwave Cooked Raspberry Cobbler
|Raspberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), divided|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||6 1⁄4 Tablespoon (1/3 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoons)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon|
1) Arrange all the ingredients.
2) In 1-qt casserole combine raspberries, 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch.
3) Microwave at High 3 to 6 minutes, or until mixture is clear and thickened, stirring 2 or 3 times.
4) Keep aside.
5) In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and 2 tablespoons sugar.
6) Cut 2 tablespoons butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until fine particles form.
7) Add milk; stir only until dough clings together.
8) Knead 4 or 5 times on floured surface until dough is smooth and elastic.
9) Roll dough into 8x9-in rectangle.
10) Brush with 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle with mixture of 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon.
11) Cut dough into six 1 1/2-in wide strips.
12) Roll up each strip sweet roll style and arrange on top of raspberry mixture around the outer edge, leaving center area empty.
13) Microwave at High 3 1/2 to 4 minutes, or until biscuits spring back when touched, rotating 1/4 turn every minute.
14) Serve the cobbler as dessert topped with whipping cream.