Frozen Raspberry Dessert
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsweetened orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen raspberries in light syrup||10 Ounce, thawed and undrained (1 Package)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), evaporated and chilled|
|Vanilla wafer crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Chill the electric mixer beaters as well as bowl and keep aside.
2) Take the egg whites and beat them to make foamy. Put the sugar, orange juice and orange rind. Beat the mixture again.
3) Now fold the raspberries into beaten egg white mixture and keep aside.
4) Take the evaporated milk and beat at high speed.
5) Again fold the whipped milk into the prepared raspberry mixture.
6) Pour the raspberry mixture into the baking pan. Sprinkle vanilla wafer crumbs over the raspberry mixture.
7) Freeze the mixture overnight to make them firm.
8) Scoop the frozen raspberry mixture into the dessert bowls or cocktail glasses.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 641 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.1%
Saturated Fat 0.35 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.6 mg1.5%
Sodium 302.9 mg12.6%
Total Carbohydrates 146 g48.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.7%
Sugars 127.6 g
Protein 17 g34.3%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 99.3%
Calcium 35.5% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet