Raspberry Passion Fruit Chinchillas
|Butter||1 Ounce, softened (25 Gram, 2 Tablespoon)|
|Caster sugar||5 Ounce (150 Gram, 2/3 Cup)|
|Fresh raspberries||1 1⁄2 Pound (675 Gram, 6 Cups)|
|Low fat ready made custard||8 Fluid Ounce (From A Carton Or Can, 250 Milliliter, 1 Cup)|
|Skimmed milk||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Icing sugar||2 Tablespoon (For Dusting)|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4. With a brush, paint four 300 ml / 1/2 pint / 1 1/4 cup souffle dishes with a visible layer of soft butter.
2. Whisk the egg whites in a mixing bowl until firm. (You can use an electric mixer.) Add the sugar a little at a time and whisk into a firm meringue.
3. Halve the passion fruit, take out the seeds with a spoon and fold them into the meringue.
4. Turn the meringue out into the four prepared dishes, stand them in a deep roasting tin which has been half-filled with boiling water and bake for about 10 minutes.
5. Turn the chinchillas out upside-down on to individual plates.
6. Top the chinchillas with the fresh raspberries. Thin the custard with a little skimmed milk and pour around the edge. Dredge with icing sugar and serve warm or cold.