Raspberry Linzer Thumbprint Cookies
|Hazelnuts||6 Ounce (Filberts, 1 1/3 Cups)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), cut into pieces (1 1/3 Sticks)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Seedless red raspberry jam||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place 1 cup hazelnuts in 9-inch square baking pan. Bake until toasted, about 15 minutes. Wrap hot hazelnuts in clean kitchen towel. With hands on outside of towel, roll hazelnuts back and forth to remove most of skins. Cool; separate hazelnuts from skins.
3. In food processor with knife blade attached, process toasted hazelnuts and sugar until nuts are finely ground. Add butter, vanilla, and salt; process just until blended. Add flour and process until evenly combined. Remove knife blade and press dough together with hands.
4. Finely chop remaining 1/3 cup hazelnuts; spread on sheet of waxed paper. Roll dough into 1-inch balls (dough may be slightly crumbly). Roll balls in hazelnuts, gently pressing to coat.
5. Place balls, about 1 1/2 inches apart, on two ungreased large cookie sheets. With thumb, make small indentation in center of each ball. Fill each indentation with 1/4 teaspoon jam.
6. Bake until lightly golden around edges, about 20 minutes, rotating cookie sheets between upper and lower oven racks halfway through baking. With wide spatula, transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
7. Repeat with remaining dough balls and jam.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3562 Calories from Fat 2086
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 242 g372.8%
Saturated Fat 94.6 g473.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 362.9 mg121%
Sodium 507.9 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 319 g106.2%
Dietary Fiber 22.4 g89.6%
Sugars 127 g
Protein 49 g98.9%
Vitamin A 85% Vitamin C 17.9%
Calcium 26.9% Iron 101.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet