Raisin And Orange Shortcake
|Orange juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Seedless raisins||4 Ounce|
|Plain flour||6 Ounce|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce|
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Put orange juice and raisins into a pan and bring slowly to the boil, leave until cold.
3) Sieve flour into a basin and work in the sugar and butter until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
4) Knead well and divide dough into two pieces.
5) Form into equal-sized rounds.
6) Put one on a greased baking sheet, spread on raisin mixture and top with second round of dough, pressing together firmly and pinching edges together.
9) Prick well.
10) Bake at 350°F, 180°C, Gas Mark 4, for 45 minutes, mark into sections, and remove from tin when cold.
11) Pack in foil and keep in fridge until used.
12) To serve: take out shortcake from fridge. Let it stand on room temperature for few minutes and serve as snack.